My Photo
Name:
Location: Para, Brazil

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Truth

WHY I LEFT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND WHY I WILL NEVER GO BACK

Dick Weber

 Prayer, fasting, first communion, confirmation, saying the rosary and stations of the cross, and many other acts of religion continually filled the first twenty years of my life.

I was devoted to God and committed to his service through the Roman Catholic Church.  At eleven years of age I was confirmed as a “soldier of the Lord.” At fourteen I studied to become an altar boy so I could more actively participate in the worship of God.

At sixteen I came with in an  “I will” of becoming the male counter part of a nun. At nineteen I frequently  knelt outside in sub-zero  weather to pray before a statue. I had a “zeal for God but not according to knowledge”(Rom.10:2).

In August, 1962, I chose to abandon a sincere and faithful commitment to the Roman   Catholic Church in  order to become a Christian (Acts 11:26).
 For the first time in my life I was obeying, serving and worshiping God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). The choice to go from darkness to light (John 8:12; Acts 26:18), to depart from “a faith” (1 Tim. 4:1) to enter the “one faith” (Eph. 4:5; Gal. 3:11; Heb. 11:6), and to be translated from the power of darkness into the kingdom of his dear Son (Col. 1:13), all happened according to the Gospel plan (Matt. 28:19-20).  I left the Roman Catholic Church because:

SOMEONE WAS WILLING TO TEACH Luke 24:47; 2 Tim. 3:14

I met a young lady who was beautiful in every way. Her real beauty shown in the display of her love. She loved God more than she did me or even her own self (Luke14:26).  She was willing to sacrifice our personal relationship so I would and could study the word of God.
 My salvation was more important to her than our love.  Sarah brought me to the word of God, to the feet of Christ, and to the one church of our Lord (Rom. 12:5; Eph. 2:20-22). Someone committed the Gospel to her and she led me to the truth (2 Tim. 2:2). I owe her eternally.

GOD’S WORD BROUGHT TRUTH Acts 2:37; Heb. 4:12

As I began studying the Bible, I soon realized the religious practices and expressions of faith I followed as a Catholic had no support in the word of God (Acts 21:14). I had been following the commandments and doctrines of men (Rom. 16:17; Gal. 1:8), not the truth of God (John 14:6).

 As I continued studying the word (John 5:39; Acts 17:11), his will became increasingly clear (2 Tim. 3:16-17). I knew I had to submit my life to him in Gospel obedience and repent from the sinful “religious life” I had been living (Luke 13:3; Acts 26:20).
 The word of the Lord brought goodness and truth to my life (Exodus 34:6). I will never go back to the Roman Catholic Church because I have found the truth and I will not give it up (Prov. 23:23)! I compare myself to the man who was willing to give all that he had in order to obtain one pearl of great price (Matt.13:46).Christ and his church is my pearl.

Christ came to this earth and paid the greatest price (John3:16; Eph.5:25) so that I could have salvation and be one with him in the church he established (1 Thess. 5:9; Matt. 16:18; 1 Peter 2:21). Now that I have found the one pearl, I would be an ignorant and foolish man (1Peter2:15) to give it up to return to a faith founded upon man. As in Joshua 24:15, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home